Quick Link: Donate!
How You Can Help
Many, many people like you support this ministry. Here are some ways you can get involved in helping meet the needs of children in Kenya.
Pray for Us
- Pray for our leaders – Pray for Mark, Sheri, and Lucy as they make decisions related to this ministry. Pray that that these decisions would be made in a way that honors God.
- Pray for the teachers – Most of the teachers live away from their families so they can teach in our computer centers. While they love having a job where they can use what they have been trained to do, it does come with sacrifices. Pray also that they would continue to be strong Christian role models for their students.
- Pray for the students – Pray that their needs would be met in a God honoring way and that they would be instilled with a hope for the future.
Spread the Word
People who hear about the work of Kenya Kids Can are often excited about it. You can play a big role in helping to spread the good word to others. Please like our Facebook page, link to us from your blog, and when you have coffee with a friend, let them know as well.
Sponsor a Teacher
We have a wonderful set of teachers who work in our computer centers. The support for our project varies from month to month and it would be a tremendous help to us to have a sponsor for each teacher so we would know that one of our most critical expenses would be covered each month. The cost to sponsor a teacher is $275 per month. Be sure to visit the “Meet Our Team” page to get introduced to our teachers. If are interested in finding out more about sponsoring a teacher, please email us at email@example.com.
Sponsor a Baker’s Dozen
The life of a sponsored child is forever changed. Here is an excellent article on the difference that it makes. You can provide school lunches each day for a group of 13 students at a school for $17 a month. Simply follow this link – School Lunch Program – to set up a recurring donation for $17 or see below for the address to mail a check to.
Sponsor a School
Another opportunity to sponsor is to sponsor the lunch program at an entire school. People who sponsor a school will receive specific information and photos from that school and we will facilitate communication between the school and the sponsors.
Schools range in size from 250 students up to 1800 students with an average size of 700 students. The current cost to sponsor a school depends on the size of the school.
A school with 250 students is $320 per month.
A school with 700 students is $900 per month.
A school with 1800 students is $2300 per month.
If you are interested in finding out more about sponsoring a school, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate (all donations are tax deductible)
- Donate to our General Fund – Contributions will be used where needed most between the school lunch program and the computer centers (not for support of the Daubenmiers).
- Donate to the School Lunch Program – Help to cover the cost of maize, beans, and cooking oil by donating to this fund.
- Donate to the Computer Centers – Help to cover the cost of teacher salaries and maintenance and repairs to our centers by donating to this fund.
- Support the Daubenmiers – Help keep the Daubenmiers in the field serving both at Rift Valley Academy and with Kenya Kids Can. The Daubenmiers receive no salary or other financial benefit from either RVA or the Kenya Kids Can project funds. They are supported by donations specifically designated for them.
In addition to donating online, you may also make a donation by phone or mail in the United States. To donate by phone, call AIM toll free at (800) 254-0010 during regular office hours (9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Eastern Standard Time).
To donate by U.S. mail, send a check payable to Africa Inland Mission to the following address (specify which project you are sponsoring in the memo line of your check):
African Inland Mission Int’l
Attn: Receipting Department
PO Box 3611
Peachtree City, GA 30269-7611
From Canada? Use this link and enter the name of the fund (Kenya Kids Can -or- Mark and Sheri Daubenmier)
Meet a Specific Need
Below are specific needs that we currently have. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like to meet one of these needs or would like more information.
|Description of the need||Cost per center||# of centers||Total cost|
|The roofs on 3 centers need to be replaced. This need has been met! A special thanks to our friends in the military.||$700||3||$2100|
|Each center uses 4 large batteries that store the power from the solar system. Over time the batteries wear out and no longer take a charge and the batteries in three of our older centers have now failed. This need has been met! A special thanks to our friends in Iowa.||3|
|Each center gets equipped with 10 laptops. We have several centers ready to go and they just need the laptops and a teacher to become operational.||10 laptops plus the salary for a teacher for 1 year ($275/month = $3300)||4||40 laptops and $13,200 for 1 year of salary for 4 teachers.|
|Over the years, several laptops have broken down and are no longer usable.||1-2 laptops||5||8 laptops|
|We have one center that needs 10 laptops, a solar system, and a teacher to be operational. This need has been met! A special thanks to our friends in Texas.||10 laptops + $3000 salary + $5400 solar system.||1||10 laptops + $8400|